Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally...

I realize it's been a long time since I've posted. Far too long. Briefly, the last two months here have been filled with some difficult times. The church here has faced Satan head-on in a battle. The church has suffered and our family has suffered. Countless prayers and tears have been shed over the situation--by us and by others. In a lot of ways, our family has been in what might be described as 'survival mode' for part of this time--during which it has been difficult to write anything without discussing the situation that was happening to the church here.

For my silence on the blog, I am sorry. There have still been good things happening here, they've just been severely overshadowed by the trials. I heard a song this morning as I was getting ready for worship that spoke some of the words my heart has been feeling. It's called "If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owens.

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear.
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here.
But just because You love me the way that You do
I will go through the valley
If You want me to.

CHORUS:
Now I'm not who I was
When I took my first step.
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet.
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
I will go through the fire
If You want me to.

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my own.
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone.

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself.
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help.
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through.
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to.

The past two months are definitely NOT the path our family would have chosen, but we believe God is still with us and is still leading us as we "go through the fire" and we know the final outcome of this world--Christians are victorious! Monte has been a great source of strength and help for Jose, the minister here, as this situation has developed. We are thankful God saw fit for them to have each other to lean on in this process. I have a lot of pictures to catch things up from the last few months and will work on getting on top of those this week. In the meantime, I would ask for you to pray fervently for the work here and for Jose and Monte as they face the trials Satan has thrown in our way. We continue to "go through the valley" but we know we are not alone. Thank you for your prayers and your continual support. God is good. God is faithful.
Love, Lori P.S. For those of you who read Monte's blog, he has given more information on the situation--you can find it on his blog.

1 comments:

June said...

Hang in there because you are doing God's work and just your presence is giving great courage to the Christians who are doing things right!

We will pray for you guys and the church there.

We love you guys!

Post a Comment